Friday, March 7, 2014

Phonemic Awareness Check Up

Click Here for your free phonemic games

As my student pre and post test through the phonemic continuum, I thought they were great with their concepts.  However, I found that there are times my little ones forget to listen for their beginning or ending sound etc.
I decided to create this quick game for warm up to our small group reading lessons.  The game allows me to see who has mastered numerous phonemic tasks and those that need an extra push.  The students really enjoyed this game and I was able to assess them in a fun way. :)
All you need is a stack of picture cards (for example CVC pictures), paper clip, pencil, or see through spinner.  (Sometimes the see through spinners come with  math series).  Students spin clip and choose a card, wherever clip lands they perform the phonemic activity.  Simple and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment